7 replies to this topic

#1 Elyseon

Elyseon

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:34 PM

So, we probably all know that Mankind Divided is due to come out near the end of this month, amusingly enough, on the day before my birthday. Now, what I've seen of it so far looks awesome, but given that it's 1- A Squeenix game and 2- Already has day one DLC... I'm trying to restrain my expectations to avoid another disappointment. I mean, it's friggin' Deus Ex, but... given how shitty the industry standard for AAA releases is nowadays... I'm kind of scared it'll bomb, or at least come out buggy and unfinished, like certain overhyped titles (Looking at you Bethesda!) and some others that are still further down the line (Civ VI? Eh... I think I'll pass...). What do you guys think from what you've seen? I do miss the adventures of the human Candy Bar Powered Falcon Punch machine, and there's only so much kick one can get from replayng Human Revolution yet again...

#2 Shadow88

Shadow88

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationToowoomba, Australia

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:20 AM

I'm gonna wait a bit for the reviews and see.  I'm optimistic, since I don't recall there being any major issues with HR when it first came out, but then I thought the same of Arkham Knight and we all know how that turned out.

• Elyseon likes this

My YouTube channel (Latest video: System Shock Remake, Pre-Alpha demo)

The accompanying blog (mostly for stuff I forget to mention in the videos or that I don't want to do a video of)

#3 Elyseon

Elyseon

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:18 AM

They love mocking PC gamers over the whole "PC MASTER RACE" meme, but the truth is... most console to PC ports tend to turn out absolute dog shit, and only few are ever patched up to standards.

#4 Flappers

Flappers

Pure Member

• Super Supporter
  • 634 posts
  • LocationPoznan, Poland

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:16 AM

I'm looking forward to it... but it seems that the game doesn't make much sense?

Like, it's supposed to be a prequel. But in this version, there are so many more upgrades than before, and new technologies that were not available in previous versions of the game (which are supposed to be based after this game...)

I dunno, maybe I'm nitpicking, but there should be some explanation as to why there is better technology and augmentations in the prequel version of the game

#5 Afferbeck

Afferbeck

Pure Member

• PURE Supporter
  • 867 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

I really enjoyed DE:HR, but I enjoyed it a lot more for buying a fancy version a year or so later for barely any money! I fully intend to do the same here, and with Civ6 if, against all odds, it turns out to be any good.

They love mocking PC gamers over the whole "PC MASTER RACE" meme, but the truth is... most console to PC ports tend to turn out absolute dog shit, and only few are ever patched up to standards.

It's been pretty good really for probably the last 8 years. It's mostly the Japanese publishers who don't give a shit about PC who release shitty PC ports, and even they are improving.

Qui negotiantur ad plenissimam

#6 Elyseon

Elyseon

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:01 AM

I'm looking forward to it... but it seems that the game doesn't make much sense?

Like, it's supposed to be a prequel. But in this version, there are so many more upgrades than before, and new technologies that were not available in previous versions of the game (which are supposed to be based after this game...)

I dunno, maybe I'm nitpicking, but there should be some explanation as to why there is better technology and augmentations in the prequel version of the game

Technically it's a sequel to a prequel, in an era that used blatant and intrusive mechanical augmentations instead of the more subtle nanotechnology based ones. That said, I imagine some functions may be more difficult to replicate using only nano augs. That and it's been said somewhere that only a very small part of the population is compatible with nano augs (possibly the ones that were infused with Adam Jensen's DNA that prevented rejection). Given the state of things by the time the original Deus Ex rolls around, it seems like the Illuminati and MJ12 aren't too keen on having too many augmented people running around, as mechanically augmented agents are being phased out and considered obsolete, and you really only hear of a handful of confirmed nano augs (the Denton brothers, Page, Simons and the walking bombs known as Men in Black). If I had to guess, and given the massive crackdown on augmentations in the upcoming Mankind Divided, it seems there's an active effort to heavily suppress and contain that technology, which means its development probably ground to a halt as well.

#7 Shadow88

Shadow88

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationToowoomba, Australia

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:47 AM

What Elyseon said; Mankind Divided fills the gap between Human Revolution and the original Deus Ex (taking place in 2029, 2 years after Human Revolution and 23 years before the first one).  The body-covering shield aug that's been shown in the trailers is supposed to be one of the first real uses of the nanotechnology that will eventually end up in the Denton brothers (barring whatever Bob Page has in him already, if anything; those mechanical lines on his head could even be remnants of more discreet mechanical neural augs that he replaced with nanotech ones once MJ12 had advanced the tech enough).

My YouTube channel (Latest video: System Shock Remake, Pre-Alpha demo)

The accompanying blog (mostly for stuff I forget to mention in the videos or that I don't want to do a video of)

#8 Elyseon

Elyseon

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

What Elyseon said; Mankind Divided fills the gap between Human Revolution and the original Deus Ex (taking place in 2029, 2 years after Human Revolution and 23 years before the first one).  The body-covering shield aug that's been shown in the trailers is supposed to be one of the first real uses of the nanotechnology that will eventually end up in the Denton brothers (barring whatever Bob Page has in him already, if anything; those mechanical lines on his head could even be remnants of more discreet mechanical neural augs that he replaced with nanotech ones once MJ12 had advanced the tech enough).

It seems like almost all the important people outside anti-aug groups were fitted with some degree of social enhancers around Adam's time. Some people theorized that Sarif had one too, but given that if Adam had his own active he could use it on him, that's unlikely as people with CASIE augments are pretty quick to spot when someone's trying to use one on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users