• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xSpyInPinkx

xSpyInPinkx

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:19 PM

Hi everyone! 

I didn't really know where to go to be honest, its just something has been bothering me and I need some help!

See my boyfriend introduced Overwatch to me months ago and we began playing together all time time. When comp came out we played together and ranked about the same, however since then he has skyrocketed from gold (where we placed in season 2) to Diamond and I am still in gold, he can play a little bit more often than I can but not by much.

We both watch all the same videos and know the same strategies and knowledge wise I'd say we are as good at the game as each other, but I don't consider him to be much better than I and he has somehow raked up so much faster than I... I have watched all of Sty's videos and don't know what I'm doing wrong.

This is causing me to get really upset and if he ranks up much more we wont even be able to play together! He has offered to help by watching my games back but i get too self conscious about how I'm playing and end up doing really badly or just crying... I know it sounds pathetic but it makes me not want to play with him any more and when I heard he got to diamond I got upset, i know I should be happy for him... Does anyone have any advice?

Please I hate upsetting him...

-Leah (xSpyInPinkx)

#2 Mentoria

Mentoria

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

Hey Leah,

It's alright! At the end of the day, you're playing to have fun. You don't need to worry about your competitive rank.

If he's in Diamond then he can only group for competitive when someone is within 500 rating of him rather than 1000 each way.

As you can still group with him, he's probably under 3000 (diamond) SR and in Platinum so you don't need to worry about that for a while yet.

I imagine he's been playing a bit on his own if his rank has changed drastically in comparison to yours, so it's more something that he should be considering rather than you. You don't need to 'mimic' whatever rank he's at and it's unreasonable for him to be upset at you if he made the decision to queue on his own and is upset at the difference. If anything, it sounds like you are over thinking the situation - you can both still, regardless of rank, queue together in quick play and in arcade game modes.

Anyway...

I do mentoring on a few discord servers and I'm happy to try and help you improve if you'd like.

(I imagine you're anxious about your friend never 'living it down'? You don't need to be afraid of asking for help.)

Play a few games with him in quickplay maybe, and ask him to talk you through what he's doing in game? It can help you understand why he's doing what and when, and also help you both improve as you can more easily spot mistakes.

I can also recommend another YouTube channel with a lot of informative videos - https://www.youtube....icBFoBnw/videos

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Overwatch, gold, girl, rank, boyfriend, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users